What are the Types of Surrogacy?
Ans. IVF / Gestational surrogacy&Traditional / Natural surrogacy
IVF / Gestational surrogacy – This is a added accepted anatomy of surrogacy. In this procedure, a
woman carries a abundance created by the egg and agent of the abiogenetic couple. The egg of
the wife is fertilized in vitro by the husband’s sperms by IVF/ICSI procedure, and the antecedent
is transferred into the surrogate’s uterus, and the agent carries the abundance for nine
months. The adolescent is not genetically affiliated to the surrogate.
Traditional / Natural surrogacy – This is area the agent is inseminated or IVF/ICSI
procedure is performed with sperms from the macho accomplice of an barren couple. The adolescent
that after-effects is genetically accompanying to the agent and to the macho accomplice but not to the
To whom Surrogacy is Advised?
Ans. IVF Surrogacy
1. Primarily, IVF surrogacy is adumbrated in women whose ovaries are bearing eggs but
they do not accept a uterus. For e.g., in the afterward cases:
a) Congenital absence of uterus (Mullerian agenesis)
b) Surgical abatement of the uterus (hysterectomy) due to cancer, astringent drain in
Caesarian area or a burst uterus.
2. A woman whose uterus is abnormal (unicornuate uterus, T shaped uterus, bicornuate
uterus with abecedarian horn) or damaged uterus (T.B of the endometrium, astringent
Asherman’s Syndrome) or at aerial accident of rupture, (previous uterine surgeries for breach
uterus or coarse uterus) and is clumsy to backpack abundance to appellation can additionally be recommended
3. Women who accept again miscarriages or accept again bootless IVF cycles may be
advised IVF surrogacy in appearance of alien factors which could be amenable for bootless
implantation and aboriginal abundance wastage.
4. Women who ache from medical problems like diabetes, cardio-vascular disorders, or
kidney diseases like abiding nephritis, whose continued appellation anticipation for bloom is acceptable but
pregnancy would be activity threatening.
5. Woman with Rh incompatibility.
B. Traditional Surrogacy
1. Women who accept no activity ovaries due to abortive ovarian failure. Here egg
donation additionally can be an option.
2. A woman who is at a accident of casual a abiogenetic ache to her baby may additionally opt for